Transport Week is an annual business event that includes a series of nationwide and international activities dedicated to the transport industry. It has been hosted for the past seven years by the Russian Ministry of Transport, with organizational support from Business Dialogue. The event promotes open discussion of the most pressing transport issues and the strengthening of mutual understanding between representatives of the government and the business community.
Today kicks off Transport Week, which includes the following set of activities:
- 10th Anniversary International Forum and Exhibition Transport of Russia
- Meeting of Transport Ministers of the Member States of the Customs Union and the Eurasian Economic Space;
- The International Congress “ROAD TRAFFIC RUSSIA – 2016”;
- The TranspART all-Russia festival for transport university students, which annually brings together more than 30 teams from 19 higher education institutions that specialize in transport;
- All-Russia sports festival for students at higher educational institutions devoted to the study of transport. This festival demonstrates the great physical shape of the younger generations;
- 4th Transport Education Forum;
- NEW! The Fourth International Conference and Exhibition “ExpoCityTrans”
- 3rd National Award for transport achievements “Traffic Formula”
- The International Conference Transport Services Market: Cooperation and Partnership
Of the multitude of events that occur during Transport Week, the Forum and Exhibition "Transport of Russia" remain key events. The forum includes conferences devoted to the development and functionality of road, air, rail, sea, and river transport. The exhibition, in turn, demonstrates the latest developments and innovations within the transport industry. The content of these events largely determines the direction of future developments within the transport sector.
The Transport of Russia Forum and Exhibition is annually attended by over 7,500 people. There are more than 9,500 participants in Transport Week.
The scope and format of the event, the number of people who participate in it, and the strategically important documents that are signed during it, speak to the fact that Transport Week is deservedly considered one of the largest international industry events.