TRANSPORT WEEK – 2011
“Transport week-2011” took place from 21 to 25 November 2011 and included a number of business, cultural and sporting events.
On November 21-22 Regional ICAO Conference on Aviation Security took place in Savoy Hotel.
On November 21 a series of events dedicated to transport science took place, including:
- Meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on Transport Education
- Open Projects Presentation for Finalists of Student Scientific Societies Contest.
- Rewarding and Demonstration of Winners Projects of the “Young Scientists of the Transport Industry
- Research and Practice conference “Problems and Prospects of Transport development”
- Round table “Green Aspects in Construction Linear Facilities of Road Infrastructure”.
Also, on November 21 ceremony of awarding winners of the III Russian Sports Festival for Transport Universities Students took place.
On November 22 following events took place:
- II International Congress ROAD TRAFFIC RUSSIA-2011“Traffic Management in the Russian Federation”
- International Road Congress “Innovations in Road Infrastructure”
- Gala Concert of the Finalists of the All-Russia Festival of Arts for Students of Transport Universities “TranspART-2011”, Ceremony of laureates awarding”
On November 23 for the fifth time were opened International Forum and Exhibition “Transport of Russia”.
Key speakers of the Plenary Session of the V International Forum “Transport of Russia: “Greener and Safer” were:
- Sergey Naryshkin, Head, Administration of the President of the Russian Federation
- Valentina Matvienko, Chairwoman, Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- Sergey Ivanov, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation
- Igor Levitin, Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation
- Sergey Sobianin, Mayor of Moscow
- Lee Kair, Regional Director for Europe, Transport Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security
- Roman Trotsenko, President of JSC “United Shipbuilding Corporation”
- Natalya Khanzhenkova, Managing Director for Russia, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Forum included also a number of conferences devoted to different modes of transportation, road construction and transport safety.